Project Accountant IL
Company: SGA Production Services
Posted on: January 13, 2022
The InProduction team has spent the better part of the last
decade combining the best seating and staging companies into a
one-stop shop for most of what is needed to produce an event.
Starting with SGA Production Services, we added and integrated
T&B Equipment, CommuniLux Productions, Nussli U.S., and Seating
Solutions to become today's InProduction. These acquisitions have
allowed InProduction to evolve into the largest provider of
temporary seating, staging, structures, and scenic production for
the United States events industry. Central are our people.
As an InProduction employee you are central to our sustained growth
and success. We offer a rewarding career in a fast paced and
exciting environment. Our employees demonstrate our core values in
safety and quality every day while working to provide top notch
service to our client partners. Whether working in the field, yard,
warehouse, or office, InProduction offers a future with huge growth
potential. The Assistant Technical Director is responsible for
managing technical solutions, creating technical specifications and
developing safe and cost effective construction methods based on
design concepts and visual information. This is a hands-on position
related to design, engineering, layout, wood/metal fabrication and
general construction. An Assistant Technical Director must be
willing to travel as required by project. This position reports to
the Technical Director and Director of Scenic Production.
Come join us! Check out our web page
The Project Accountant is responsible for providing timely and
accurate project revenue and cost information support to the
operations and senior leadership teams. Analyze and report on key
performance indicators of the organization which include freight,
labor (internal & external) and material costs to help drive
improvements throughout the organization. Responsibilities include
preparing and distributing weekly/monthly job cost reports, key
performance indicator reports, revenue and cost variance analysis
by project and assisting in the forecasting and budgeting
- Monitor, track, and report on project financial performance
monthly, quarterly, and annually. Generate and distribute monthly
project profit and loss reports by product group, region and
project manager including preparation of project variance analysis
against budget. Identify reasons for low margin projects (e.g.,
revenue, labor cost, freight cost, etc.).
- Analyze deferred project revenue to ensure revenue recognized
is consistent with budget and actual costs incurred and conforms to
generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepare new business forecast reports by gathering and
compiling data from the CRM system and partnering with the sales
team to obtain key forecast assumptions.
- Reconcile project costs to the general ledger and income
statement. Ensure all project costs are being captured.
- Collaborate with the accounting and operations teams to ensure
project revenue and costs are properly recorded to the correct
project. Prepare journal entries as required to ensure proper
accounting for project costs.
- Periodically analyze project budget cost assumptions and
recommend updates as required.
- Set up and maintain projects in company financial systems.
- Close out project accounts upon project completion.
- Work with project managers to ensure budgets are prepared for
projects on a timely basis and any budget changes are properly
- Identify common trends/cost issues seen across projects,
communicate the trends/issues and work with the appropriate staff
- Create and distribute key performance indicator dashboards to
help drive improvements throughout the organization.
- Perform other ad-hoc reporting and analysis as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 2 -5 years accounting experience in a project accounting role
preferably in the live events, distribution, construction or other
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational
- Detail and deadline orientated.
- Experience with Sage 300 Accounting Software or similar
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office
- High degree of business acumen.
- Ability to apply sound logic towards problem solving situations
and possess strong analytical skills.
- Acts to raise issues to proper level; creates appropriate sense
of urgency with constituents.
- Holds self and others accountable for procedures and
- Effective communicator both verbal and written.
- Ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to
This job operates in a professional office environment and or
warehouse office. This role routinely uses standard office
equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets
and fax machines.
Keywords: SGA Production Services, Wheaton , Project Accountant IL, Accounting, Auditing , Wheaton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!