Early Childhood Teacher (Long Term Substitute)
Company: DuPage County ROE
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Early Childhood Teaching/Early Childhood Teacher
Prairie Children Preschool
Indian Prairie School District 204
Perform functions to instruct students on established curriculum
ensuring each individual's goals is contained within the individual
education plan and/or other targeted interventions, are met. Ensure
students are provided with the knowledge, proficiencies and
experiences necessary to become successful contributing citizens in
an ever-changing world.
1. Plan and instruct students on District and state approved
curriculum in classroom, in integrated or direct service approaches
as appropriate based on student needs.
2. Modify and adapt lessons and curriculum as needed to meet
individual student's needs and IEP goals.
3. Modify, adapt and/or conduct assessments to evaluate progress.
Implement standardized assessments as directed, modify and adapt
tests, environment or equipment to meet individual student's
4. Through team meetings and IEP conferences, review student
progress via assessments, maintain records of student work, and
develop intervention strategies to ensure student success and
5. Meet regularly with teachers, teacher assistants and specialists
to discuss individual student's modifications or adaptations,
ongoing learning issues, interventions or problems. Work
collaboratively to ensure individual student's needs are met.
6. Actively participate on problem solving and intervention teams
to facilitate early involvement and resolution to learning or
7. Complete required documentation of student progress and data
necessary for IEP reports, goals and evaluations.
8. Communicate both verbally and in writing with parents and
students on progress.
9. Establish a safe atmosphere conducive to a positive learning
environment. Act as role model on appropriate behaviors ensuring
social and emotional development is progressing normally.
10. Assign work, instructions or lessons to teacher assistants.
Assess work, modify and provide regular feedback.
11. Actively participate on various building and District teams or
committees. Provide feedback and act as liaison to other building
12. Enforce and support school policies, philosophies and
objectives with students and parents.
13. Collaborate with other staff in planning, modifying, enhancing
and implementing curriculum and school objectives.
14. Participate in staff development and school improvement
activities in order to maintain professional growth. Plan and
incorporate best practices or new strategies.
15. Participate in events outside of the regularly scheduled work
day such as orientation, open houses or conferences.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
The qualified candidate will have a valid Illinois Professional
Educator License with an LBSI endorsement.
Rate of pay: $210 per day.
Working Conditions: Early ChildhoodClassroom
Selection Procedure: Qualified candidates will be contacted by the
appropriate building administrator.
Keywords: DuPage County ROE, Wheaton , Early Childhood Teacher (Long Term Substitute), Education / Teaching , Wheaton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!