Event Services Director
Company: Wheaton College
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Reporting to the Auxiliary Services Director, the Event Services
Director provides direction and management of the Event Services
program and Harbor House, including employment and supervision of
support personnel, budget planning, marketing and development,
internal event management, client contract negotiations, and
serving as a liaison on behalf of the institution and clients
reserving and leasing College facilities. The Event Services
Director partners with the Auxiliary Services Director to provide
housing and dining services to internal and external clients. The
Event Services Director provides management and analysis of the
department's overall annual net revenue budget of approximately
$400,000. Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide scheduling service, event management, and marketing
support as needed, for all campus events, including those initiated
by students, College departments, and external clients; generate
annual revenues of approximately $1.25 million.
- Develop policies and guidelines with regard to appropriate use
of College facilities for college-sponsored, co-sponsored and
non-college-sponsored events and conferences.
- Execute the facilitation of room accommodations, meeting
facilities, meal arrangements, and support service requirements for
college-sponsored, co-sponsored and non-college-sponsored events
- Develop appropriate rate structures for college-sponsored,
co-sponsored and non-college-sponsored events and conferences.
- Develop and implement a strategy focused on increasing
financial performance, while maximizing the use of College
facilities within programmatic constraints.
- Provide oversight for the management of Harbor House, the
institution's executive retreat center.
- Hire and provide direct oversight for the Director of
Scheduling Services, the Harbor House Manager, Conference and Event
Managers and the External Sales Manager; provide oversight for
interviewing, employing, and training summer conference support
staff; encourage the professional growth of the Event Services
- Develop and manage an operating budget, complete annual
statistical analysis of revenue and expense comparisons, and
project future income development, identifying future-based revenue
streams where appropriate.
- Serve as the liaison between the College and external
conference participants during scheduled programming, providing
administrative oversight for conflict resolution and problem
- Provide consultative services to both College departments and
non-College-affiliated organizations seeking conference planning
input for programs, logistics, and arrangements.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with other College
departments and personnel.
- Serve on appropriate College committees providing input
regarding scheduling, and insight with regard to multi-purpose
development of renovated and/or construction of new campus
- Develop professional relationships with associations and
organizations in the hospitality industry, which influence the
collegiate conference and events profession; interact to enhance
professional growth and provide input toward the goal of improving
industry standards on behalf of collegiate-based conferences and
- Develop and manage agreements with Facilities Management to
ensure proper scheduling of all campus classroom and meeting
- Develop and manage agreements with Registrar's Office to ensure
proper scheduling of all campus classrooms and meeting spaces.
- Develop and manage agreements with the Campus Housing
department to ensure contracted summer housing is adequately
assigned and properly staffed for summer residential conferences.
This job description is intended to represent key areas of
responsibilities; specific assignments may vary from time to time,
and other duties may be assigned. - Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Five or more years of direct management in a similar position
in a collegiate setting, including hiring, training, and direct
- Proven ability to excel within a collective facility
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service.
- Strong comprehension of collegiate budget and financial
- Demonstrated contract negotiation skills and knowledge of risk
- Effective written and oral communication skills. Physical
Requirements The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or
hear; frequently required to use repetitive hand motion, handle or
feel, and to stand, walk, reach, bend or lift up to 10 pounds. FLSA
Status - Exempt As a Christ-centered community, Wheaton College
faculty and staff must affirm the College's Statement of Faith as
expressing their own theological convictions and agree to live by
the moral standards in Wheaton's Community Covenant, modeling these
commitments for the Christian formation of our students. Wheaton
College faculty and staff also support the Christ-Centered
Diversity Commitment which highlights our desire to treat all
individuals as equal image-bearers of Jesus Christ through
diversity, inclusion, justice and unity.
Keywords: Wheaton College, Wheaton , Event Services Director, Executive , Wheaton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!