Emerging Store Manager
Posted on: September 13, 2022
Supervises customer service associates and designated hitters.
Responsible for managing front end of the store and making
recommendations on the overall operations of the Pharmacy and
Supports Store Manager with the overall operation of the store to
achieve company deliverables; Works alternate schedule with the
Store Manager with minimal overlap; Assumes responsibilities of all
store activities in the absence of the Store Manager. Essures
proper merchandising, protection of store assets, and improves
store sales and profitability.Leads and manages store team members,
including recruitment, hiring, performance management, and
discipline of direct reports to ensure teams are engaged and
performing their responsibilities to achieve company
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering
assistance with products and services. Resolves customer complaints
in a timely manner and answers questions to ensure a positive
customer experience. Models and shares customer service best
- Monitors customer service, provides coaching, training, and
develops plans for improvements in both the front-end and pharmacy.
Empowers team members to find the most impactful resolution for
customers; seeks solutions that exceed customer expectations and
- Accountable for improving on overall customer service
- Supervises the operation of the store and team members,
including assigning daily activities, delegating tasks to team
members, opening/closing/changing shifts, approving time records,
time off and managing other scheduling conflicts to ensure proper
team member coverage.
- Collaborates with external partners to drive the future of
their Walgreen store. Identifies ways to support external
partnerships and services as a resource for Pharmacy Operations
Manager in seeking community outreach opportunities.
- Supports Store Manager in leveraging data, analysis, and team
member input to make fact-based decisions, follow-up, and monitor
- Supervises the control of the store cash management including
but not limited to register counts, withdraws from bank, armored
car pickups, safe deposits, change orders and oversees all aspects
- Supervises front end and pharmacy inventory, completing
resets/revisions and price changes; analyzes front end and pharmacy
inventory trends to create corrective action plans; trains/coaches
team members to follow inventory standard operating
- Ensures execution of operational feedback from the Store
Manager and District Manager through delegation and supervision of
- Ensures that store interior and exterior are clean and
presentable; manages repair and maintenance; responds to
- Ensures team members have a working knowledge of all computer
and technology systems and software.
- Provides for the safety and well-being of team members;
effectively utilizes the Security Operations Center.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures, manages
operations of assigned location including strict compliance with
any and all applicable laws and regulations, including sale of
alcohol, tobacco, fresh food, and pharmacy products.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned.FULL
STORE OPERATION BUSINESS PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
- Independently analyzes financial and performance data; creates
action plans to support achievement of business deliverables.
- Uses operating statements, key performance indicators, and
other relevant tools to engage the team; drive solutions and
actions for store improvement. Collaborates with Store Manager to
identify sales opportunities, gain insights, to ensure growth and
performance of the store through new initiaves as direted by the
- Supports Pharmacy during busy periods, including serving as a
pharmacy technician, when necessary.PEOPLE & PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
- Primarily responsible for leading and training team members;
provides training, mentoring, coaching, and support to enable team
members' career development. Responsible for team member
discipline, coaching meetings, and makes recommendation regarding
team member performance management, including discipline and
termination when appropriate.
- Manages team member performance by assigning responsibilities,
developing performance plans, setting goals and expectations,
observing performance, providing feedback and giving recognition to
enhance effectiveness of individual team members and overall
- Acquires and retains talent, builds pipelines to keep store
properly staffed, and ensures a diverse pipeline of future leaders.
Anticipates short and long-term staffing needs, develops talent
plan, manages candidate pool, participates in the interview process
and makes hiring decisions.
- Ensures proper procedures are followed for selection,
recruitment, record retention, and training as required by Company
policy and local, state and federal laws.
- Establishes a culture of accountability through clear
expectations and performance management, Performance Improvement
Plans, and constructive discipline.TRAINING & PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Successfully completes Store Manager learning and development
program. Completes all required learning and development courses,
certification, and any training assigned by Store Manager, District
Manager and company leaders.
- Monitors own performance, seeks continuous feedback from leader
and team members, and commits to self-development; has an
Individual Development Plan in place.
- Obtains and maintains valid pharmacy technician license as
required by state.COMMUNICATIONS
- Communicates regularly with team members through one-on-one
discussions, group meetings to ensure communication is open between
leaders and team members. Actively responds to team member
questions or concerns.
- Assists Store Manager in planning and communicating the company
and store strategy.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree with a solid academic record, all majors
welcome OR High School Diploma/GED and two years of experience in a
supervisory position (does not require experience with direct
- Demonstrated leadership abilities that include professional
business ethics, self-motivation, and strong communication skills
and strong business acumen.
- Completion of Store Manager training program (LEAP) or
willingness to complete Walgreens Leadership Essentials training
(for individuals placed in ESM role on or after June 1, 2021)
within 12 weeks of ESM start date.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English
(except in Puerto Rico)
- Willingness to work flexible schedule including extended days,
evenings, and weekend hours.
- Willingness to accept promotion into a Store Manager position,
if promotion is offered, which could require relocation to a
different store location.
- Ability to transfer to other Walgreens retail assets located
within the same hiring Area.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree
- Internal candidates: Management experience, including
supervising others, managing, and assigning work. Experience across
both front-end and pharmacy.
- External candidates: Business majors. Prior retail or food
industry experience.The following information is applicable for San
Francisco, CA applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants
with arrest and conviction records.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
The following information is applicable to Colorado only, in
accordance with the Colorado Pay Equity Act. Please review the
available benefits and salary available for this position by
clicking here: jobs.walgreens.com/benefits. Walgreens will provide
applicants in other states with information related to the
position, to the extent required by state or local law, by calling
Keywords: Walgreens, Wheaton , Emerging Store Manager, Executive , Wheaton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!