Associate Director for Reunions
Company: Wheaton College
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Position: -Associate Director for Reunions Location: - Wheaton,
Job Id: -789 # of Openings: -1 Associate Director for Reunions Job
Overview Reporting to the Director of Digital Communications and
Alumni Programs, this position provides overall strategic direction
for all alumni class reunion programming, including Alumni Weekend
(spring) and Homecoming (fall). In addition to strategic planning,
this position manages all logistics in order to ensure the success
of these two annual weekends. This position manages a part-time
student worker. Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, develops, and executes Homecoming and Alumni Weekend.
Manages schedule for all weekend events and coordinates with other
on-campus offices for activities related to Homecoming and
- Recruits and manages alumni volunteers from each reunion class.
Builds strong relationships with volunteer reunion committees and
communicates frequently and winsomely with these key alumni.
Manages implementation of committee's plans regarding weekend
program and other details.
- Builds cross-campus partnerships, working with campus offices
including Facilities Management, Student Engagement, Academic and
Institutional Technology, Athletics, Development, Annual and
Reunion Giving, Conservatory, on and off-campus caterers, and
- Develops and manages marketing efforts for Alumni Weekend and
- Coordinates with Marketing Communications on design, layout,
and print bids.
- Works with the Digital Communications team on website design
and registration pages.
- Drafts text for print and email marketing to reunion
- Determines logistical and pricing details and secures venues
for each event. Works with vendors to acquire equipment and
supplies for reunion events. Develops work orders, staffing charts,
and room diagrams.
- Coordinates reunion registrations, processing of monetary
transactions, reunion mailings, and other projects. Manages the
- Partners with Annual and Reunion Giving to support their work
in promoting and encouraging class giving during (and after)
- Determines staffing needs and recruits adequate staff and
volunteers for reunion weekends. Oversees staff during reunion
- Evaluates reunions, using surveys and other feedback to
continually improve events and programming.
- Supports other alumni programming and events, particularly for
young alumni and students. This job description is intended to
represent key areas of responsibilities; specific assignments may
vary from time to time, and other duties may be assigned. -
- Bachelor's degree (Wheaton College preferred)
- Minimum of three years of project management, event-planning,
and/or volunteer management experience
- Highly organized; strong project management skills; able to
self-manage time well and prepare well in advance for reunion
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and
calendar/scheduling software Physical Requirements The employee is
regularly required to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to
use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel, and to stand, walk,
reach, bend or lift up to 10 pounds. FLSA Status - Exempt As a
Christ-centered community, Wheaton College faculty and staff must
affirm the College's Statement of Faith as expressing their own
theological convictions and agree to live by the moral standards in
Wheaton's Community Covenant, modeling these commitments for the
Christian formation of our students. Wheaton College faculty and
staff also support the Christ-Centered Diversity Commitment which
highlights our desire to treat all individuals as equal
image-bearers of Jesus Christ through diversity, inclusion, justice
Keywords: Wheaton College, Wheaton , Associate Director for Reunions, Executive , Wheaton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!