Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness and Accreditation Liaison Officer
Company: Wheaton College
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Position: -Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness
and Accreditation Liaison Officer Location: - Wheaton, IL
Job Id: -882 # of Openings: -1 Director of Institutional Research
and Accreditation Liaison Officer Job Overview
- Reporting to the Provost, the Director of Institutional
Research and Effectiveness supervises and coordinates the
collection, management, and reporting of institutional information
to the Academic Affairs (AA) division and the President's Senior
Administrative Cabinet as appropriate.
- As Director of IR, he or she will promote a culture of
assessment and continuous improvement of institutional
effectiveness based in analytical rigor with a strong commitment to
academic excellence grounded in the Christ-centered liberal arts
mission of Wheaton College. Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Provost in developing, implementing, and assessing
overarching Academic Affairs (AA) academic plans as well as program
and department plans.
- Coordinates with the Provost, academic administration, and
faculty governance to develop AA academic plans and track
- Identifies, defines, collects, and analyzes institutional data
and performance measures associated with the academic plan.
- Identifies comparison institutions' performance measures and
provides comparison data.
- Responsible for IPEDS and accreditation documentation as well
as College programs to support strong standing with the Higher
Learning Commission (HLC).
- As Wheaton's Accreditation Liaison Officer (ALO), the director
serves as the main interface with the HLC and ensures that the
activities of the College meet its requirements. Advises College
leadership on issues pertaining to accreditation. Acts as Provost's
liaison for programs with secondary accreditation.
- Serves as the Provost's representative on the Research and
Evaluation of Student Learning (RESL) Committee as a non-voting, ex
- Supervises the College's Office of Institutional Research.
- Collaborating with Provost, AA leadership, and faculty
governance responsible for identifying, collecting, and analyzing
- Works with the Faculty Development Committee to ensure that
data collected through Student Feedback Surveys are valid,
generalizable, and designed to minimize biased responses to provide
meaningful feedback for faculty.
- Develops and maintains automated systems to collect assessment
data and reports from departments and students.
- Updates and maintains the data warehouse and centralized data
repository; prepares dashboards on survey and other performance
data; administers and analyzes institutional surveys; and prepares
data reports for internal and external audiences such as college
guides and the Common Data Set.
- Prepares regular analysis and reports for the Provost, SAC, and
- Works with departmental data analysts across the College to
translate and harmonize standards, balancing departmental buy-in
without losing objectivity.
- Educates AA personnel on academic planning, budget,
accreditation, and assessment. Qualifications
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in an academic discipline preferred.
- Minimum of five years in institutional research and a higher
- Experience in developing and maintaining assessment
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills; ability to
present data in succinct formats to a variety of campus
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated record of
leadership; ability to work independently and in teams with
attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Experience in working with regional accreditation commissions,
regulatory agencies, and secondary accrediting bodies.
- Demonstrated skills in using statistical software and
applications, including spreadsheet, database, graphics, and
presentation software such as Tableau. Experience with extracting
data from and using Ellucian (Banner, CRM suite including Degree
Works), Cognos, Oracle Cloud, Slate, Access, Excel, and Microsoft
Dynamics helpful. Experience in writing scripts using programming
languages such as Excel Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), HTML,
Java, and Python also useful.
- Knowledge of trends and issues in assessment and planning in
higher education. Physical Requirements The employee is regularly
required to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to use
repetitive hand motion, handle or feel, and to stand, walk, reach,
bend or lift up to 10 pounds. FLSA Status - EXEMPT As a
Christ-centered community, Wheaton College faculty and staff must
affirm the College's Statement of Faith as expressing their own
theological convictions and agree to live by the moral standards in
Wheaton's Community Covenant, modeling these commitments for the
Christian formation of our students. Wheaton College faculty and
staff also support the Christ-Centered Diversity Commitment which
highlights our desire to treat all individuals as equal
image-bearers of Jesus Christ through diversity, inclusion, justice
Keywords: Wheaton College, Wheaton , Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness and Accreditation Liaison Officer, Executive , Wheaton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!