Director of Nursing (DON) Traverse Care Center
Posted on: March 18, 2023
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page: Director of Nursing
(DON) Traverse Care Center Traverse Care Center
Wheaton, MN 56296, USA
Description Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with all disciplines in establishing the highest
quality of care for residents.
- Works with nursing staff and nurse managers to create and
implement nursing policies and procedures in order to fulfill
Community mission and goals.
- Develops, interprets, and promotes ethical standards of nursing
- Manages proper staffing levels and a system of rounds to assure
that appropriate nursing care is being delivered.
- Delegates specific responsibilities to clinical managers,
licensed and unlicensed nursing staff members in accordance with
their experience, education, and job descriptions.
- Establishes and actively manages an effective performance
management process (recruitment, selection, orientation,
supervision, evaluation, training, delegation, discipline and
termination) for clinical staff members.
- Promotes a spirit of cooperation with all regulatory
organizations; managing with an expectation of appropriate
compliance and corrective measures.
- Participates in the review and revision, as necessary, of all
resident care policies and nursing policies to be reflective of
contemporary care practices and Federal, State and local
regulations and requirements.
- Maintains quality assurance/quality control of resident care
through an organized system of monitoring, accountability and
correction of problem areas.
- Develops and maintains positive and cooperative working
relationships with local and state medical professionals and other
health related facilities and organizations.
- Provides consultation and guidance including the transition of
relevant clinical knowledge into practice through individual care
review and problem solving.
- Ensures an adequate and cost effective inventory level of
medications, medical supplies, equipment, etc. are maintained,
properly stored, made available and billed.
- Maintains nursing care services constantly throughout the year
at preparedness levels for annual state/federal licensure
- Develops and implements plans of correction if/when needed to
provide quality care.
- Collects data results, analyzes and disseminates information in
order to maintain departmental, Community and organize
- Assumes the authority, responsibility, and accountability of
directing/motivating the department and its human resources
- Prepares annual budget proposal within Community's fiscal
objectives; implements and manages the approved budget.
- Knowledgeable of the individualized care plan for residents and
provide support to the resident according to the care plan.
- Maintains the comfort, privacy, and dignity of each resident in
the delivery of services to them. Interacts with residents in a
manner that displays warmth and promotes a caring environment.
- Participates in direct care of residents in emergency
situations or to model for staff.
- Performs all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed
safety and infection control (universal precaution)
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars,
workshops, professional affiliates to keep abreast of latest trends
in nursing. Education and Experience:
- Registered nurse (RN) with current, unencumbered licensure with
the State Board of Nursing in state(s) in which he/she
- A minimum of a BSN from an accredited school of nursing is
- At least five (5) years of leadership experience in nursing.
Prefer 2+ years of experience as DON or ADON.
- At least one (1) year of experience in gerontological nursing,
rehabilitative and restorative clinical practices.
- Demonstrated competencies in health care management and
operations, quality management, staff development, and resident and
family support systems. Skills and Abilities Required:
- Thorough understanding of nursing and medical practices and
procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that
pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to
the age-related needs of the residents served.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the
English language to communicate with all customers.
- Must be self-directed, detail oriented and organized, with the
ability to manage responsibilities under little supervision.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, self-awareness and emotional
maturity necessary to promote helpful, respectful and supportive
- Ability to make sound, ethical and independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family
members, visitors, government agencies/ personnel, and the general
- The ability to act as a change agent, think creatively to
develop innovative solutions to problems, the ability to influence
and negotiate and handle multiple projects
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment prone
to frequent interruptions and stress associated with the pressures
of the position.
- Familiarity with computer systems, including Microsoft Office,
with a demonstrated ability to use computer programs for training
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's
condition clearly and respectfully.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health and safety of other
individuals in the workplace. Benefits include: -
- 401(k) Retirement Savings
- Paid Time Off and Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Medical Coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance Plans
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Same Day Pay
- Opportunities to Work Remotely
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Dream It, Do It Program
- Paid Disability Leave
- Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Pet Insurance
- Pet Adoption Assistance
- Many More Supplemental Benefits HDG Vaccine Mandate Policy
Communications - Corporate Headquarters, SNF, IL/AL Managed
As a provider of quality senior housing and services, we are proud
to align with healthcare's best practices and our peers serving
individuals throughout skilled nursing communities and IL/AL
communities. By requiring * our team members be vaccinated against
COVID-19, we are not only helping to end today's pandemic, but
we're protecting those most vulnerable to devastating outcomes of
this virus- older adults, the immunocompromised, and unvaccinated
children. * Declinations are reviewed and considered for those
exempt due to religious beliefs, medical reasons, or relevant state
laws and regulations. Please contact human resources for more
Keywords: Traversecarecenter, Wheaton , Director of Nursing (DON) Traverse Care Center, Executive , Wheaton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...