Caregiver - Live In
Company: ComForcare Home Care
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionIMMEDIATE opening for a "Live-In" caregiver in
Glen Ellyn for a wonderful woman. You would be required to prepare
meals - light cleaning - assist with ambulation - assist with
dressing - companionship - shower assist - some toileting
assistance. She does have mild dementia - so experience is a must.
We will gladly share more details when we talk on the phone.This
case is in Glen Ellyn area. Consider your driving distance before
you apply.We are a sizable agency with a family culture that hires
the most sincere and experienced caregivers - ensuring our clients
receive the best possible care. We hire the best and expect the
best! We do this because we know in our hearts that we can change
our clients and their family's lives dramatically.
Caregiver / CNA
- 1. One or more of the following criteria: One year minimum of
continuous experience as a Home Health Aide or Nurse Aide in a
health care environment; It will be very helpful if you are
certified as a CNA, medical assistance program, or other applicable
direct care training program.
- 2. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact
with clients, families, coworkers, and all supervisors.
- 3. Ability to accurately follow and process written and verbal
- 4. Satisfactorily demonstrate and perform competency in
clinical skills through competency checklist and skills
demonstration test.Job Description:The Caregiver / CNA provides
specifically defined, non-skilled care services under the
supervision of a Registered Nurse to enable the client to remain in
the home. The Caregiver is a non-licensed health care employee who
provides personal care and homemaking services in the home setting
to clients and families who are unable to perform these activities
independently. The Caregiver conforms to all agency policies and
procedures including providing care, compliance with the agency
Bill of Rights, observing client/family confidentiality, and
adhering to agency dress code. Routine Duties - Personal Care
- 1. Bathing, assistance with dressing, nail and skin care, back
care, foot care, shampoo and oral hygiene.
- 2. Assistance with ambulation, transfers, range of motion
exercise, safe use of equipment and assistive devices,
(Walker,crutches,cane) change of position.
- 3. Assistance with toileting, use of bedpan, commode, or
urinal; incontinent care.
- 4. Meal planning, preparation, and assistance with
- 5. Emotional support and motivation through conversation,
encouragement and recreational activities.
- 6. Maintenance of appropriate agency records.
- 7. Present and conduct themselves in a professional manner
according to agency policy.
- 8. Adhere to infection control and safety procedures that are
in accordance with agency policy. Household Management
- 1. Light Housekeeping - Including changing of bed linens,
vacuuming, sweeping, dusting of clients environment, emptying
client's wastebaskets and garbage. Refrigerators are defrosted,
when necessary, if client or caretaker is unable to do so. Cleaning
of the bathroom includes bathtub, sink, and toilet. The floor
should be vacuumed and mopped if it becomes wet. Cleaning of
kitchen includes washing dishes, counter tops and the floor.
- 2. Personal Laundry - The Laundry belonging to the client him
or herself. Laundry for any family members or others in the same
home is not the responsibility of caregiver.
- 3. Grocery Shopping
Keywords: ComForcare Home Care, Wheaton , Caregiver - Live In, Healthcare , Wheaton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!