Home Infusion Clinical Pharmacist - Part Time Days
Company: Northwestern Medicine
Posted on: July 28, 2022
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a
difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first
approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare
industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the
opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter
where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At
Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive
benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k)
matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees.
Ready to join our quest for better? Description The Home Infusion
Clinical Pharmacist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM,
adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate
Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies,
procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation
standards. The Home Infusion Clinical Pharmacist is a licensed
professional whose responsibilities include clinical monitoring,
assessment, and care planning for home infusion patients. This
individual will be focused on patient safety and patient-centered
approaches to care. Responsibilities: * Reviews patient medical
records to determine appropriateness for home infusion therapy.
* Navigates electronic medical records and documents progress notes
and other formal communications, as indicated.
* Monitors pharmacy care plan throughout course of therapy.
* Conducts medication reconciliation and make interventions, when
* Establishes and builds professional relationships with patients
and care team.
* Makes evidence-based recommendations and interventions, when
* Provides drug information to members of health care team and
patient/caregiver(s). Counsels patients and/or caregiver(s) when
indicated. Responds to clinical inquires in a timely manner.
* Ensures safe selection of line care supplies to support the
* Works with the team to determine appropriate methodology of drug
administration (e.g., IV push, ambulatory pump infusion, gravity
infusion, elastomeric device, etc.).
* Monitors, dose, and manage drugs such as aminoglycoside and
* Actively communicates clinical updates to referring
* Manages TPNs in collaboration with home infusion dietician and
* Oversees quality of compounded sterile preparations to ensure USP
adherence. Supports cleanroom operations, as needed.
* Troubleshoots problems with devices for patients/caregivers
and/or home health and hospice nurses.
* Partners with technicians and other team members to create a
high-efficiency work environment.
* Actively participates in team meetings and other initiatives, as
* Provides on-call support per rotating schedule. Qualifications
Required: * Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy
* Graduate of an ACPE accredited School of Pharmacy
* Current, active (in good standing) IL Pharmacist license
* Minimum of 2 years acute care (hospital) setting or home infusion
experience Preferred: * Doctorate of Pharmacy
* Completion of an ASHP accredited Pharmacy Practice Residency
* Board Certification (e.g., BCPS, BCACP, BCGP)
* MTM certification (e.g., APhA) Equal Opportunity Northwestern
Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and
does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age,
sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity,
veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other
Keywords: Northwestern Medicine, Wheaton , Home Infusion Clinical Pharmacist - Part Time Days, Healthcare , Wheaton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!