Event & Guest Service Attendant
Company: Wheaton Park District
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionDeadline: Open until filled.GENERAL PURPOSEThis
position is responsible for a variety of event roles as it pertains
to the overall hosting and executing of events safely and
efficiently.REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
AND ABILITIESMinimum of eighteen (18) years of age. Must have
excellent customer service skills with good verbal communication
skills and be friendly and personable. Must be able to maintain
self-control and composure in difficult situations. Must be able to
work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and
- Greet, advise, and direct patrons to their designated seating
- Perform entry gate personal item and bag check.
- Prepare and serve food/drink items at concessions stand.
- Assist with backstage setup and breakdown.
- Conduct alcohol I.D. verification and wrist banding.
- Control exit/re-entry lane with wrist banding and/or hand
- Check tickets and provide general customer service.
- Be aware and enforce appropriate park district rules.
- Guide guest to exits or provide other instructions or
assistance in case of emergency.
- Seek guidance from the Special Event Manager & Director of
Marketing as needed.
- Follow the Wheaton Park District policies, procedures, and
- Provide a high quality of customer service in a professional
manner to the internal customer that will facilitate team building
and exceptional customer service to the external customer.REQUIRED
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, ETCMust have and maintain: Basset
Certificate or obtain within 30 days of hire.PHYSICAL DEMANDSMust
be able to: frequently remain in a stationary position for long
periods to time; occasionally move items such as tables and
concession supplies weighing up to 25 lbs. and over 50 lbs. with
assistance. This position must be able to have good hand-eye
coordination while servicing customers. This position will rarely
ascend/descend stairs, position one's self to reach items over head
and below waist, and move over uneven ground.ENVIRONMENTAL
DEMANDSMust be able to: continuously remain in a standing position
and will be exposed to all weather conditions including rain, heat,
humidity, etc. including biting and stinging insects and bugs.
Frequently be exposed to loud music and occasionally move across
wet, slippery surfaces.HOURSWill vary evenings and weekends from
June - SeptemberSALARY$15.00 per hourWheaton Park District is an
equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Keywords: Wheaton Park District, Wheaton , Event & Guest Service Attendant, Hospitality & Tourism , Wheaton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!