Cook, Grill (full-time)
Company: Compass Group USA Inc
Posted on: June 23, 2022
* We are hiring immediately for five full-time COOK, GRILL
* Location: Wheaton College - 421Chase, Anderson Commons, Wheaton
IL 60187. Note: online applications accepted only.
* Schedule: Various full-time shifts available; Sunday PM - Friday
AM; More details upon interview.
* Requirement: Previous cook experience preferred.
* Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text
messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you
apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message
and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help.
Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our
success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one
in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the
world? We're hiring! Bon Apptit Management Company operates more
than 1,000 cafs around the country for corporations, universities,
and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. We've led
the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing,
from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from
scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Learn more about careers with Bon Apptit:
Summary: Prepares food and serves customers at the grill station in
accordance with current applicable federal, state and corporate
standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure high-quality food
service is provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Takes orders from customer and prepares items requiring short
preparation. Completes orders from steam tables and serves
customers at multiple stations.
* Serves customers in an efficient, friendly manner following
established steps of service meeting outlined standards. Ensures
food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty.
Tastes all prepared food items.
* Uses established ticket-collection procedures during service.
Responsible for records from area worked during service
* Uses approved recipes and production standards to ensure proper
quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
* Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to and from workstations,
stove and refrigerator in accordance with established safety
* Stores foods in designated areas following standard wrapping,
dating and food safety and rotation procedures.
* Cleans, sanitizes and maintains all assigned work areas,
equipment and utensils to ensure sanitation standards are met.
* Resolves customer concerns and reports relevant information and
concerns to supervisor.
* Attends in-service and safety meetings.
* Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers,
administrators and managers.
* Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates at Bon Apptit are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits
* Retirement Plan
* Associate Shopping Program
* Health and Wellness Programs
* Discount Marketplace
* Identity Theft Protection
* Pet Insurance
* Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits
* Life Insurance/AD
* Disability Insurance
* Commuter Benefits
* Employee Assistance Program
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are
committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on
their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to
race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 997861
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Chef, Food Service, Hospitality
Keywords: Compass Group USA Inc, Wheaton , Cook, Grill (full-time), Hospitality & Tourism , Wheaton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!