Bartender // Ditka's Grill Wheaton
Company: Ditka's Restaurant Group
Posted on: July 26, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Description:Job Summary
Welcomes guests in the bar, serves guests and exceeds expectations
with respect to food, beverage and service quality. Ensures the
proper handling of Company funds in accordance with established
policy and procedures, and complies with all federal, state, local
and Company requirements with respect to safe, lawful alcohol
Key Performance Elements/Essential Functions
- Greets guests, obtains orders and prepares all alcoholic
beverages in compliance with all federal, state, local and Company
- Follows all Company procedures relative to guest age
- Has a thorough understand of food and drink offerings,
including specials, LTO's, promotions, etc., and suggestively sells
and answers relevant questions to assist guests in their
- Prepares and serves beverages adhering to all Company recipe
and presentation standards.
- Serves food selections following all Company guidelines.
- Follows all established Company cash handling procedures.
Prepares garnishes, drink mixes and other products on a timely
basis, in accordance with Company standards and recipes.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintenance of glassware, bar
supplies, ice, and other products needed to ensure a smooth,
efficient bar operation.
- Alerts management if there is any suspicion that a guest is
intoxicated and should be refused service for their safety and the
safety of others.
- Follows Responsible Service of Alcohol systems
- Has a good working knowledge of restaurant, e.g., hours of
operation, directions to the restaurant, food & beverage menu
selections, general restaurant information (credit cards accepted,
check policies, take-out programs, and any other important
components as required.
- Attempts to resolve all guest complaints, striving for a
flawless recovery to build brand loyalty. Advises management of any
- Acknowledge guests as they leave and invite them to come back
to the restaurant.
- Maintains established guidelines for all liquor, beer, wine,
mixes and supplies in the bar.
- Assists in the ongoing cleanliness and maintenance of all bar
areas – Reports any deficiencies to management.
- Ensures a harassment free environment through proper personal
- Upholds safety and security standards at all times.
- Completes assigned weekly cleaning projects.
- Maintains professional restaurant image, including restaurant
cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Complete other job duties as assigned by the Manager on
- Lives our Core Values & Disciplines.
- Inspires cooperation and teamwork through positive attitude and
- Able to remain positive and calm under stressful
- Strong commitment to serving others.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively to
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to read and follow recipes.
- Inspires cooperation and teamwork through self-confidence,
positive attitude, and enthusiasm.
- Ability to show Self-Discipline in the work environment
- Dependable, trustworthy.
- Genuinely warm and sensitive/polite.
- Exhibits neat, clean and professional image at all times.
- Proficient in the use of basic computer technology, e.g., POS
systems. Physical Requirements
- Able to lift and carry 30-50 pounds several times per
- Must have sufficient mobility to move and/or operate in work
area. Bending, turning, twisting upper body, reaching.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for periods
up to 4 hours.
- This position requires work in hot environments both front of
the house and in the back of the house for a restaurant.Additional
- Must meet any federal, state, county or municipal regulations
pertaining to the service of food and beverages, e.g., ServSafe
- Ability to understand dangers of chemical use and must follow
all OSHA related MSDS (now MSD) information as written
- Team Members must work well with limited supervision within
their specific position functions but must be highly interactive
with other Team Members to accomplish work. Experience Requirements
- Minimum 1 year experience working as bartender in a full
- Complete understanding of the proper service of alcohol as
dictated by the applicable federal, state, and local
- Experience with dealing with customers in a food service
Keywords: Ditka's Restaurant Group, Wheaton , Bartender // Ditka's Grill Wheaton, Hospitality & Tourism , Wheaton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!