CDL Class A Local Tractor Trailer Delivery Driver
Company: DHL Supply Chain
Posted on: August 6, 2022
CDL Class A Local Tractor Trailer Delivery DriverElgin, IL
$65,000+ Annual Earnings plus a$7,500 Sign on Bonus plusUp
to $2,250 (tax-free) Performance and Other Incentives
plusComprehensive and Affordable Benefits Package(medical available
after only 30 days) not to mentionHome Daily - Weekends Off DHL
Supply Chain is a leader in the fast-growing supply chain
management and third-party logistics industry. We're a world-class
company, and we're looking for world-class people. Our Drivers keep
our company moving and on the right track. If you're an active
contributor with a can-do attitude, who's passionate about doing
things the right way the first time, join us and become an
essential part of everyday life. JOB DESCRIPTION:Our customer is a
nationally known distributor of automobile and light truck tires.
The positions that we are interviewing for involve the delivery of
their product (tires) to their retail store locations in the
greater Elgin area. THIS IS A TOUCH FREIGHT POSITION but we will
teach you how to do this safely and easily. Our drivers tell us
that it is truly easier than food deliveries. You will be driving a
late model automatic tractor assigned to you - we do not slip seat
trucks. This is a Monday - Friday work schedule with deliveries
made during the day and you are home every day!
- Our Brand New Distribution Center (DC) is in Elgin,
- Your tractor is assigned to you. There is no Slip Seating. This
is a full time position with a comprehensive and affordable benefit
package, including a 401-K with a matching part.
- You will be paid a daily Route Pay of $260.00 which is $1,300
per week for a 5 day week. You will begin your day between 5AM and
7AM (depending on your delivery schedule for that day) and your
average work day will be 10 hours.There is also the potential for
up to $2,250 (tax-free) annually in Driver Safety, Attendance, and
Performance rewards!!!This position comes with a $7,500 SIGN ON
BONUS We also pay a $1,000 Referral Bonus, to our employee drivers,
if they recommend a driver applicant who might be interested in
this work and we hire them. This payout is half in 90 days and the
other half after 180 days of their employment. Minimum Requirements
- A current CDL A and at least 6 months of verifiable experience
driving a tractor/trailer.
- If you meet the 6 months minimum requirement but have less than
one year of experience a certificate of completion from an
accredited CDL training school is required.
- Be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Have a good (not necessarily perfect) driving record:
- Ability to successfully pass the DOT drug screen as well as the
DHL Supply Chain basic road test.
- Successful applicants must have the ability to maneuver safely
in both urban and suburban environments. Outstanding Affordable
Benefits - Effective after Only 30 Day
- Medical - Administered by Blue Cross/Blue Shield and includes
one free physical per year. Less than $9.00/week for individual and
less than $31.00 per week for Family Coverage.
- Dental - Administered by Met Life and includes 2 free check-ups
and cleanings per year (one includes complete X-Rays). Less than
$1.00/week for individual and less than $5.00 per week for Family
- Vision - Choose from either Davis Vision or VSP. Both include
one free annual vision checkup at no charge. Less than $1.00/week
for individual and less than $3.00 per week for Family Coverage.
Company Paid Benefits
- $40,000 Life Insurance Policy (double indemnity = $80,000)
- Short Term Disability Insurance Policy - Protection for up to
- Paid Vacations - TwoWeeks Paid Vacation Per Year
- Paid Holidays - You will enjoy 6 designated holidays and 3
personal holidays per year. Holidays are paid after completing 90
days of employment.
- 401K - Company Matching - No better way to save for your
retirement. If you save 4% of your weekly pay the company will
match you dollar for dollar every week. Save another 2% per week
and DHL will match you $.50 on the dollar. To make this even better
YOU OWN THE COMPANY CONTRIBUTION IMMEDIATELY. In other words, if
you save $80.00 per week DHL will contribute around $67 per week to
- Tuition Reimbursement - Go back to College or Graduate School
and let DHL pay for most, if not all, of your expenses.
- First Class Company Equipment - Late model and well maintained
tractors and van trailers.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - This is a concierge type
service as well as a confidential, short term counseling and
education program for a wide range of personal and lifestyle
challenges. DHL SUPPLY CHAINExcellence. Simply delivered
Keywords: DHL Supply Chain, Wheaton , CDL Class A Local Tractor Trailer Delivery Driver, Hospitality & Tourism , Wheaton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!