Diet Tech - Registered - Marianjoy - Part Time, Days
Company: Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
Posted on: April 8, 2021
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a
difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first
approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare
industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the
opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter
where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At
Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive
benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k)
matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees.
Ready to join our quest for better?
The Diet Tech - Registered reflects the mission, vision, and values
of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate
Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies,
procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation
- Responsible for assisting the Clinical Dietitian with
- Completes nutritional screening on all new admits and provides
general nutritional care to patients of all ages.
- Supervises/oversees patient tray line during meal times.
- Provides opening/closing assistance in absences of
- Evaluates, calculates and processes patient selective
- Patient Nutritional Care:
- Conducts nutrition screening evaluation of new admissions to
determine food preferences, allergies and nutritional risk.
- Communicates findings to the clinical dietitian.
- Refers patients at nutritional risk to dietitian per
- Performs routine nutrition assessments on assigned patients
under the guidance of a Registered Dietitian.
- Prepares care plans and goals using evaluation techniques that
consider the needs of varied age-specific populations as well as
cultural, religious, and ethnic concerns.
- Communicates with related departments, such as medical,
nursing, and food production to optimize nutrition care and
monitoring of food quality and delivery.
- Provides appropriate documentation of all assessments and
education in the electronic medical record
- Uses approved abbreviations and symbols.
- Demonstrates accountability for the proper use of patients'
protected health information.
- Collects, evaluates, calculates, corrects and processes patient
selective menus per diets based on established guidelines and
individualizes menus in dietary software.
- Monitors and verifies changes in diet orders or prescriptions
- Prints menus and reports for patients, dietitians and
production staff as assigned.
- Prepares limited food items as needed including thickened
liquids, pureeing/chopping foods, sack lunches.
- Nutritional Education and Training:
- Assesses educational needs and counsels patients and families
- Assists in the education of volunteers, students and interns
and conducts training of new associates.
- Serves as a resource to medical staff and allied health on
nutrition issues as indicated.
- Nutrition Food Services Quality Compliance:
- Oversees tray line during patient meal time or in absence of
- Determines if all food supplies on the production tally are
received and the correct consistency and portion for each meal
- Communicates deficiencies to food production support staff to
prepare missing items.
- Organizes tray line to ensure delivery times are met.
- Reports to Food Service leader all associate call offs or
tardiness; assists in assigning coverage as needed.
- Checks each patient's meal trays; references the meal ticket
and corrects as needed.
- Assist in correcting patient menu issues within nutrition
- Resolves or assists in resolving patient meal and nutrition
questions; tray line associate questions, and
nursing/interdisciplinary team requests.
- Quality Assurance:
- Participates actively in identifying department opportunities
for improvement and provides input for improvement.
- Collects performance improvement data, monitors outcomes, and
initiates corrective actions as indicated.
- Contributes to the cost effectiveness and efficient utilization
of department resources.
- Maintains productivity standards and practices effective time
management and prioritizing of tasks.
- Completion of a dietetic technician program approved by the
Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics
(ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and/or completion
of a Bachelor's degree from a US regionally accredited college or
university or foreign equivalent and an ACEND-accredited Didactic
Program in Dietetics.
- Diet Technician, Registered certification within 1 year of
- Illinois Food Service Sanitation Manager Certificate.
- 0 - 2 years of experience as a dietetic technician.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the
basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender
identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any
other protected status.
Keywords: Northwestern Memorial Healthcare, Wheaton , Diet Tech - Registered - Marianjoy - Part Time, Days, Other , Wheaton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!