Deadline open until filled
Responsible for the implementation of pottery and ceramics
activities for all ages.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent with experience in
pottery and ceramics preferred. Must have good communication,
interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Plan specific pottery and/or ceramics projects.
- Maintain and oversee inventory of supplies.
- Set up equipment and clean up after class.
- Instruct and supervise participants.
- Clean and organize supplies.
- Safely fire a kiln for regular firings.
- Report supply needs to Recreation Supervisor.
- Provide a high quality of customer service in a professional
manner to the internal customer that will facilitate team building
and exceptional customer service to the external customer.
- Follow the Wheaton Park District policies, procedures, and
- Proactively support the V.A.L.U.E.S. (integrity, fun,
commitment, adaptability and growth, kindness, and service) on a
- Maintain good safety awareness and follow all safety guidelines
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, ETC.
Must have and maintain: CPR/AED certified or obtain within one
(1) year of employment. Be a Mandated Reporter for the Abused and
Neglected Child Reporting Act.
Must be able to: frequently remain in a stationary position with
repetitive use of hands/fingers/arms for long periods of time;
occasionally move about the facility and position ones self to move
supplies, equipment, pottery pieces, etc. weighing up to 10 lbs. an
occasionally overhead and shoulders.
Must be able to: work in an indoor environment with moderate
lighting and noise; exposure to cleaning chemicals, clay, fumes,
odors, and heat from the kiln.
Vary based on availability
$15.00 - $18.00 per hour DOE
Wheaton Park District is an equal opportunity employer.