Deadline: Open until filled
Responsible for the planning, organization, and implementation
of assigned adult education/recreation programs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent. Extensive
knowledge in specific topic of instruction. Must have good
communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management
1. Develop class syllabus.
2. Setup equipment as needed.
3. Serve as liaison between participants and the park
4. Actively participate in classes/demonstrations.
5. Ensure program space is left in clean condition.
6. Provide a high quality of customer service in a professional
manner to the internal customer that will facilitate team building
and exceptional customer service to the external customer.
7. Follow the Wheaton Park District policies, procedures, and
8. Proactively support the V.A.L.U.E.S. (integrity, fun,
commitment, adaptability and growth, kindness, and service) on a
9. Organize, live, demonstrate, and implement the Character
Counts program for coaches and parents.
10. Maintain good safety awareness and follow all safety
guidelines and procedures.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, ETC.
Must have and maintain: CPR/AED certified or obtain within one
(1) year of employment.
Must be able to: occasionally remain in a stationary position
for long periods of time and position ones self to move for long
periods of time while participating in and setting up activities;
and occasionally move and setup and take down equipment weighing up
to 10 lbs.
Must be able to: handle all weather conditions while traveling
between facilities and work predominantly indoors.
$20.00 per hour
Wheaton Park District is an equal opportunity employer.