Deadline: Opened until filled
Responsible for assisting with the upkeep of the Community
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
Minimum age of 18 required. Must be able to multi-task and work
calmly and effectively under pressure. Must have good verbal
communication and time management skills.
- Attendance at work site as scheduled; must be available to work
other shifts and overtime as required. Must be available to be
reassigned to another division if needed.
- Assist with cleaning interior, exterior, and immediate grounds
while performing light maintenance.
- Assist with coordinating and setting up building for programs
- Assist with receiving, storing, and distributing custodial and
recreation supplies to various locations.
- Assist with performing minor building repairs and report
repairs as needed.
- Shovel snow and de-ice walkways.
- Wear personal protective equipment for job function when
- Maintain effective two-way communication while dealing with
concerns in the field with all district staff and immediate
- Carry two way or cell phone communication at all times.
- Provide a high quality of customer service in a professional
manner to the internal customer that will facilitate team building
and exceptional customer service to the external customer.
- Follow the Wheaton Park District policies, procedures, and
- Proactively support the V.A.L.U.E.S. (integrity, fun,
commitment, adaptability and growth, kindness, and service) on a
- Maintain good safety awareness and follow all safety guidelines
- Attend meetings and in-service trainings as required.
- Serve on committees and focus groups as assigned.
- Appropriately resolve concerns, problems and emergencies that
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, ETC.
Must have and maintain: CPR/AED certified or obtain within one
(1) year of employment.
Must be able to: continuously walk; frequently position ones
self to clean facilities; occasionally climb stairs/ladder,
repetitive motion of hands/arms and grasping while cleaning,
ability to move boxes of supplies weighing up to 50 lbs. and over
with assistance, and eye/hand coordination; and occasionally
walk/move on uneven ground.
Must be able to: handle all weather conditions while traveling
between facilities; frequently encounter rain, snow, insects, dirt,
poisonous plants; occasionally encounter pesticides, chemicals,
smoke, grease, oil, mud, wet, slippery floors and surfaces; rarely
encounter confined spaces, heights over 12 feet and over, fumes,
gases, odors, dust, mold, animal hair, dander, feces, noise (over
$11.00 plus/hour (depending on qualifications
Up to 24 hrs per week
Various weekdays and one weekend shift
However, hours may change without notice to accommodate work
load of district. You must be available for all shifts
Wheaton Park District is an equal opportunity employer.