Deadline: Open until filled
Responsible for the cultivation, care and maintenance of the
parks, grounds and golf course using hand and power tools and
equipment surrounding the club house and golf course.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
Minimum seventeen (17) years of age. Must be able to communicate
clearly with supervisors and other personnel.
- Attendance at work site as scheduled.
- Perform minor building and equipment repairs.
- Paint and stain District property where needed.
- Weed flowerbeds and grounds.
- Hardscape and landscape duties.
- Operate tractor, utility truck, hand tools, power tools, and
other machinery as necessary.
- Shovel snow and de-ice as needed.
- Collect garbage and pick-up litter in parks.
- Path and road maintenance, includes hot & cold patching, gravel
road grading, and seal coat.
- May be required to work special events.
- Wear personal protective equipment for job function when
- Maintain effective two-way communication while dealing with
concerns in the field with all district staff and immediate
- Carry two way or cell phone communication at all times while
- Provide a high quality of customer service in a professional
manner to the internal customer that will facilitate team building
and exceptional customer service to the external customer.
- Follow the Wheaton Park District policies, procedures, and
- Proactively support the V.A.L.U.E.S. (integrity, fun,
commitment, adaptability and growth, kindness, and service) on a
- Maintain good safety awareness and follow all safety guidelines
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, ETC.
Must have and maintain: valid drivers license with acceptable
Must be able to continuously move over uneven ground,
occasionally position ones self to move objects such as tools,
equipment, landscaping products, etc. regularly weighing up to 25
lbs. and occasionally items such as bags/jugs of fertilizers, grass
seed, chemicals, etc. up to 50 lbs., and over 50 lbs. with
assistance, perform maintenance, repairs and projects with
vibrating equipment which may require long periods of
standing/sitting. be able to drive a vehicle and operate all golf
maintenance equipment and tools and access remote natural areas. be
able to work long hours during peak season.
Must be able to: handle all weather conditions while traveling
between facilities, frequently encounter rain, snow, insects, dirt,
poisonous plants, grease, oil, mud; occasional confined spaces,
heights over 12 feet, fumes, gases, odors, dust, mold, animal hair,
dander, feces, noise over 85 dbls, wet, slippery floors and
surfaces; rarely encounter pesticides, chemicals and smoke.
40 hours per week
Monday-Friday-5:00am - 1:00pm
Saturday & Sunday-5:00am - 9:00am
Wheaton Park District is an equal opportunity employer.