Therapy Support Tech - Marianjoy, Part Time, Days/Evenings
Company: Northwestern Medicine
Posted on: June 6, 2021
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a
difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first
approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare
industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the
opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter
where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At
Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive
benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k)
matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees.
Ready to join our quest for better?
The Therapy Support Tech reflects the mission, vision, and
values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and
Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant
policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and
- Following a training program specific to Marianjoy and
demonstration of proficiency, the Therapy Support Technician is
responsible for assisting licensed therapy practitioners during
treatments, providing set-up and physical support as needed.
- Responsible for providing non-patient related tasks on a
regular basis as indicated; transport patients to and from
therapy/clinic areas according to established schedules and
procedures and acts as communication link between nursing and
- Assists with Patient Treatment Responsible for preparing
treatment areas, procuring equipment, transporting and in general
assisting patients, therapists and assistants in patient care
- Assists the therapist or therapist assistant with serial
- Assists the therapist or therapist assistant with transfers,
tilt table, standing frame, standing, ambulation and toileting as
- Assists with group programs by assisting with set-up/clean-up,
assists in group activities under the supervision of a
therapist/therapist assistant, observes patients at rest.
- Communicates with all patients at a level relative to the
patients cultural background, developmental age, cognitive and
- Supports Departmental Operations
- Maintains treatment area in a clean and orderly fashion,
including cleaning equipment according to organization infection
- Fabricates adaptive equipment per therapists direction.
- Assists with ordering equipment, office supplies, obtaining
equipment from Central Supply and stocking from Central Supply and
stocking forms (home programs, progress notes, exercise programs,
- Maintains inventory and shops for groceries and supplies for
- Assists with clerical duties as indicated.
- Operates basic technology (i.e., digital cameras, videotaping,
downloading and organizing storage of data) for departmental
- Transports patients via wheelchair or escort to and from
various departments as scheduled.
- Adheres to therapy time schedule and notifies therapist of
problems which may cause delays.
- Accepting coverage duties as needed.
- Performs general support duties such as answering phones, and
cleaning in the gyms.
- Attends department meetings and appropriate in-service
- Orients new volunteers.
- Plans and organizes daily patient schedule according to
- Maintains knowledge of Marianjoy policies and procedures
concerning precautions, codes, conditions, warnings, and general
- Responds appropriately to all medical emergency and/or urgent
Ethical Standards of Practice:
- Delivers services consistent with the established Marianjoy
Mission and Philosophy.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and respects the rights and
dignity of all individuals
- Demonstrates a visible working style, acts in a manner that is
consistent with and shows commitment to the WFH Values.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 0-2 years of experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the
basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender
identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any
other protected status.
Keywords: Northwestern Medicine, Wheaton , Therapy Support Tech - Marianjoy, Part Time, Days/Evenings, Other , Wheaton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!