Gift Shop Guest Services - Part Time
Company: Wheaton Park District
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Deadline: Open until filled
This position is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the
gift shop, performing accurate and efficient monetary transactions
and interacting with guests in a friendly, professional, and
informed manner that promotes the zoos message of conservation.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
Minimum of eighteen (18) years of age with some experience in
general office duties, retail sales, and customer service required.
Must possess excellent communication skills and be a self-starter.
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite required. Must be able to
work weekends, holidays, and evenings, as assigned.
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the gift shop.
- Interact with the public offering education, information,
assistance, or control.
- Assist with special events and fund-raisers as requested.
- Complete accurate inventory counts.
- Ensure the availability of quality merchandise consistent with
institutional image, including researching new merchandise.
- Assist with ordering, receiving, and pricing merchandise.
- Assist with the development and implementation of retail
promotions including display plans.
- Operate business machines including computer, copier,
point-of-sale system, fax, and printers.
- Assist with group reservations, including the handling of fees
- Demonstrate acquired knowledge of Cosley Zoo and the Wheaton
Park District facilities, parks, and programs.
- Assist with the administration of first-aid and all related
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service through actions and
verbal interactions while always maintaining professionalism as a
representative of Cosley Zoo either in person, over the phone, or
- Assist other guest services staff (concession and admissions)
- Prepare accurate reports and documents as requested.
- Complete accurate monetary transactions, take measures to
safeguard all acquired revenue, and produce accurate reports as
- Maintain the highest level of safety in the work area through
implementation of safety protocols and procedures.
- Assist with the implementation of various programs including
zoo membership and animal adoptions.
- Provide a high quality of customer service in a professional
manner to the internal customer that will facilitate team building
and exceptional customer service to the external customer.
- Follow the Wheaton Park District and Cosley Zoo policies,
procedures, and guidelines.
- Proactively support the V.A.L.U.E.S. (integrity, fun,
commitment, adaptability and growth, kindness, and service) on a
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, ETC.
Must be able to: occasionally remain in a stationary position at
the register and move about the facility for possibly long periods
of time; occasionally position ones self to conduct inventory of
merchandise, and grasp items; occasionally ascend/descend stairs;
and frequently move items such as boxes of gift items weighing up
to 10 lbs. and occasionally up to 25 lbs.
Must be able to: work in a retail type environment continuously
and will occasionally be exposed to animal hair/dander/feces.
$11.00 - $12.00 DOE
12-16 hours per week. Saturdays and Mondays 11:00 a.m. to 5:15
p.m. and may include Wednesdays 12:45 to 4:45 p.m.
Wheaton Park District is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Wheaton Park District, Wheaton , Gift Shop Guest Services - Part Time, Other , Wheaton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!