Company: Habitat for Humanity
Posted on: June 12, 2021
DuPage Habitat for Humanity is a locally run affiliate of
Habitat for Humanity International, a nonprofit, ecumenical
Christian housing organization. Habitat for Humanity's mission is
"Seeking to put God's love into action, Habitat brings people
together to build homes, community and hope." Our vision is a world
where everyone has a decent place to live. We build homes that are
sold to qualifying families with a price structure so that no more
than 30% of their household income is used for their mortgage
ReStores are thrift stores that sell used, over-stock,
discontinued, and slightly damaged building materials, appliances
and furniture with a primary goal to provide a revenue stream used
to support the construction of homes for Habitat's housing
ministry. An additional goal is to help the environment by
repurposing household items and construction materials that would
otherwise be thrown out and end up in a landfill.
This full-time position is responsible for assisting the
management team in the day-to-day operations of the Habitat
ReStore. This individual will spend most of the time performing
physically demanding work with donated building materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Successfully complete daily tasks at the ReStore.
- Load/Unload Trucks and Donations.
- Assist with loading of vehicles.
- Cleaning and building furniture and other building
- Assist managers with the processing of materials.
- Stocking product in store.
- Assist customers with sales.
- Operate pallet jack, hand truck and other ReStore
- Help maintain cleanliness and safety of the sales floor and
other off-stage areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Must represent Habitat favorably within the community and
develop and maintain good relationships with volunteers, partners,
- Ability to work independently to complete projects.
- Willing to work in a setting that is constantly physically
- Must have experience working independently.
- Ability to work up to 40 hours/week, Monday - Saturday.
- Must have and maintain a driver's license and maintain a good
- Must pass Criminal Background Check and Sexual Offender
- Prefer candidate with familiarity with Habitat for Humanity and
- Prefer 2+ years working in retail environment and
- Remote interview process.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required.
- Temperature screenings.
- Social distancing guidelines in place.
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place.
To be considered for this opportunity, please be sure to email a
resume/cv to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO FOLLOW APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE
CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.
Keywords: Habitat for Humanity, Wheaton , Driver Helper, Other , Wheaton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!