Physical Therapy Assistant - PTA - PRN
Posted on: July 21, 2021
Come join our Symbria Rehab Team!
Administration of treatment program
outlined by the licensed physical therapist, participate on the
interdisciplinary rehabilitation team in a post-acute
rehabilitation environment, and contribute to all group programs
provided by the rehabilitation department. Ensures compliance with
all state and federal regulations.
- Obtain necessary background information from assigned patient’s
- Assist supervising Physical Therapist in obtaining specific
evaluation data within areas of established expertise.
- Seeks assistance from supervising Physical Therapist to obtain
evaluation data outside of Physical Therapy Assistant
- Establish appropriate short and long-term goals within areas of
treatment expertise for assigned patients, and select and adapt
treatment techniques to meet established goals and meet individual
- Discuss treatment plan with patient and family as
- Complete all required clinical and billing documentation as
indicated and submit in a timely manner.
- Administer the prescribed physical therapy program to restore
and maintain maximum function and prevent disability. The following
modalities may be used for this purpose:
- Therapeutic exercises and activity
for lower extremity function.
- Therapeutic exercises and activity
for strengthening and balance.
- Exercises and activity to improve
- Instructions in self-care,
including transfers, bed mobility and ambulation.
- Education in body mechanics, work
simplification and joint protection.
- Adhere to Symbria Rehab’s mission, Code of Conduct, and
policies and procedures.
- Maintain productivity standards.
- Full utilization of technology provided to document and enhance
- Any and all duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The various responsibilities for a Physical
Therapy Assistant are often physically demanding and require that
therapists be in good physical condition.
- Required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such
as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, may include extensive
reading and frequently operates a computer.
- Frequently communicates with patients, staff, management, and
clients. Must be able to professionally exchange accurate
information in these situations.
- Must be able to withstand prolonged or considerable walking,
standing, balancing, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, stooping,
bending, kneeling, or crouching.
- Must be able to complete a max assist patient transfer (75%
employee, 25% patient) independently.
- Must be able to otherwise position or transfer patients as well
as supplies and equipment.
exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50
pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force
constantly to move objects.
To perform this job successfully, the
ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily is necessary
and the qualifications listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Graduate of an accredited school for Physical Therapy
Assistants and a valid registered license for the state in which
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills,
problem-solving skills, and basic math skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with strong focus on customer
- Proficient use of computers and Microsoft Office: Word, Excel
- Acute care, long-term care and/or rehabilitation
Talent Team handles candidate communication directly rather than
utilizing outside agencies; if interested in this role, direct
application to the job posting and contact with a Symbria talent
team member is recommended.
Keywords: Symbria, Wheaton , Physical Therapy Assistant - PTA - PRN, Other , Wheaton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!