Athletics Camp Counselor - Seasonal
Company: Wheaton Park District
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Deadline: Open until filled.
Responsible for the organization, implementation, and supervision
of assigned camps.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent must be at least 18 years
old with at least one year experience in youth related leadership
* Supervise program participants.
* Prepare and actively participate in camp activities.
* Assist with the daily attendance records.
* Assure safety of camp participants at all times.
* Respond to concerns and complaints in a timely manner.
* Enforce camp rules and regulations.
* Guide campers in participating successfully in all aspects of
* Observe campers behavior, assess its appropriateness and apply
appropriate behavior management techniques.
* Provide a high quality of customer service in a professional
manner to the internal customer that will facilitate team building
and exceptional customer service to the external customer.
* Follow the Wheaton Park District policies, procedures, and
* Proactively support the V.A.L.U.E.S. (integrity, fun, commitment,
adaptability and growth, kindness, and service) on a daily
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, ETC.
Must have and maintain: valid drivers license with acceptable
driving records; CPR/AED certified or obtained within one (1) year
of employment. Be a Mandated Reporter for the Abused and Neglected
Child Reporting Act.
Must be able to: occasionally remain in a stationary position for
long periods; occasionally move about the facility and outdoors and
position ones self to interact with campers; occasionally walk on
uneven ground and move items such as supplies for camp activities
weighing up to 25 lbs. and overhead and shoulders up to 10 lbs.
This position may occasionally be exposed to all weather
conditions, biting/stinging bugs and insects, dirt, and poisonous
plants; and rarely mud, wet, and slippery surfaces.
Must be able to demonstrate strong leadership qualities. Maintain a
positive attitude while dealing with campers and parents. The
ability to deal with stressful situations and to respond to needs
of participants with disabilities. Be a positive role model and
leader. Must possess excellent problem solving skills, must be able
to follow direction while showing good safety awareness and
judgment. Must be organized, dependable, and flexible.
$12.00 per hour
Monday - Friday 7:30a to 6:00p (hours vary approximately 20 per
Keywords: Wheaton Park District, Wheaton , Athletics Camp Counselor - Seasonal, Other , Wheaton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!