Classroom Aide for Special Needs Pre-school/Kindergarten (Northcenter)
Company: Blue Bird Day LLC
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Do you enjoy working with a collaborative team in pursuit of a
shared mission? Want to make a positive impact in your community?
Join the Blue Bird Day team!Experience working with young children
is preferred. The ideal candidate is one who is passionate about
working with children, develop professionally, and be a part of a
fun, positive work environment. Mentorship and opportunities to
observe therapy sessions, as well as assistance with graduate
school application process will be provided! 80% of our Therapeutic
Assistants have been accepted into graduate healthcare school
- Participate in all required orientation and ongoing internal
and external trainings.
- Assist Blue Bird Day therapists, staff, and clients while Blue
Bird Day is in session Monday-Friday.
- Assist with daily data collection.
- Assist with meal prep and clean up for lunch time and
- Assist in therapy room and lesson preparation under direction
of the classroom teacher.
- Assist clients with toileting and rest time as needed.
- Assist in cleaning and organizing Blue Bird Day facility.
- Report to classroom teacher and Senior Therapeutic Assistant
for daily tasks.
- Assist in additional tasks as needed.
- Participate in yearly performance review with supervisor.
- Participate in all required company orientation, professional
development days and ongoing trainings as required.
- Participate in monthly staff meetings, department meetings and
as needed team meetings.
- Possible travel to client home sessions as needed.Requirements
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree OR completion of at least 60
semester hours of college-level coursework
- Experience working with children or clients with special needs
is a plus
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
- Pay $16-$17 an hour
- Who We AreBlue Bird Day is an intensive therapy program for
children with autism, ADHD, and other developmental disorders. Our
therapies are offered in a preschool-like setting, but instead of
teachers, our "classes" are run by therapists. Our collaborative
team provides occupational, physical, speech, developmental, ABA,
and other therapies to help our clients reach their unique goals.
We have locations in Chicago's West Loop and Northcenter
neighborhoods and in Wheaton, and we're growing!
Learn more at www.bluebirddayprogram.com!
Birds of a feather... work together!The Blue Bird Day team is
comprised of compassionate individuals who have a passion to see
our clients succeed. We value our employees, provide outstanding
benefits, and work to foster a supportive and inclusive environment
so our staff can focus on doing what they love, helping our
Our comprehensive benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO) allowances
- 401k with substantial company match
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO medical insurance
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Call A Doc (on call physician)
- $25,000 Life Insurance policy
- Travel reimbursement for all offsite sessions
- On-site staff parking for therapists with off-site
- Continuing education reimbursement and professional development
daysOur supportive, collaborative culture
- In-depth onboarding to set you up for success
- Individualized mentorship focused on your unique goals
- Department and all staff meetings
- Birthday and Anniversary celebrations
- Fundraising initiatives
- Holiday celebrations
- And MORE!
Keywords: Blue Bird Day LLC, Wheaton , Classroom Aide for Special Needs Pre-school/Kindergarten (Northcenter), Other , Wheaton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!