Lead Classroom Aide for Special Needs Pre-school/Kindergarten
Company: Blue Bird Day LLC
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Do you enjoy working with a collaborative team in pursuit of a
shared mission? Want to make a positive impact in your community?
Join the Blue Bird Day team!The ideal candidate is one who is
passionate about working with children, develop professionally, and
be a part of a fun, positive work environment. Experience
supervising others is a plus.Responsibilities:
- Conduct first onsite interviews for Therapeutic Assistant
- Schedule second onsite classroom observation and interview with
Clinic Director for Therapeutic Assistant applicants.
- Complete reference checks for Therapeutic Assistant
- Review orientation procedures and maintain Therapeutic
Assistant orientation binders.
- Conduct orientation meetings with Therapeutic Assistants (once
week for two months, invite supervisor/director as needed).
- Participate in weekly meetings with classroom teachers,
Therapeutic Assistants, Senior Therapeutic Assistant, and Clinic
Director as needed.
- Create and manage Therapeutic Assistant daily
- Coordinate coverage when Therapeutic Assistants absent.
- Supervise Therapeutic Rest procedures and schedules.
- Conduct annual performance reviews with Clinic Director for
Therapeutic Assistants and Senior Therapeutic Assistants.
- Provide Therapeutic Assistant coverage and additional support
to Blue Bird Day staff and clients as needed.
- Track staff hours/attendance on iSolved and approve time off
(Therapeutic Assistants and Senior Therapeutic Assistant).
- Manage staff schedules/hours and assist with coverage
(Therapeutic Assistants, Senior Therapeutic Assistants,
- Collaborate with administration, therapists and teachers to
delegate tasks to ensure preparation of therapy setting.
- Assign, oversee, and ensure completion of Senior Therapeutic
- Maintain therapy room preparation protocols, task lists, and
- Assign, oversee, and ensure completion of Therapeutic Assistant
daily tasks related to therapy preparation.
- Assist in set up of new materials & equipment.
- Report building, room, and equipment maintenance issues to
- Be on call for day-to-day support.
- Possible travel to client home sessions as needed.
- Participate in all required company orientation, professional
development days and ongoing trainings as required.
- Participate in monthly staff meetings, department meetings and
as needed team meetings.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.Requirements:
- Experience working with children and/or clients with special
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required; Bachelor's
- Supervisory experience is a plus
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Who We AreBlue Bird Day is an intensive therapy program for
children with autism, ADHD, and other developmental disorders. Our
therapies are offered in a preschool-like setting, but instead of
teachers, our "classes" are run by therapists. Our collaborative
team provides occupational, physical, speech, developmental, ABA,
and other therapies to help our clients reach their unique goals.
We have locations in Chicago's West Loop and Northcenter
neighborhoods and in Wheaton, and we're growing!
Learn more at www.bluebirddayprogram.com!
Birds of a feather... work together!The Blue Bird Day team is
comprised of compassionate individuals who have a passion to see
our clients succeed. We value our employees, provide outstanding
benefits, and work to foster a supportive and inclusive environment
so our staff can focus on doing what they love, helping our
Our comprehensive benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO) allowances
- 401k with substantial company match
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO medical insurance
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Call A Doc (on call physician)
- $25,000 Life Insurance policy
- Travel reimbursement for all offsite sessions
- On-site staff parking for therapists with off-site
- Continuing education reimbursement and professional development
daysOur supportive, collaborative culture
- In-depth onboarding to set you up for success
- Individualized mentorship focused on your unique goals
- Department and all staff meetings
- Birthday and Anniversary celebrations
- Fundraising initiatives
- Holiday celebrations
- And MORE!
Keywords: Blue Bird Day LLC, Wheaton , Lead Classroom Aide for Special Needs Pre-school/Kindergarten, Other , Wheaton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!