Lifeguard - Seasonal
Company: Wheaton Park District
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Deadline: Open until filled
This position is responsible for enforcing rules and regulations
ensuring the safety of patrons and the ability to perform
REQUIRED EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
Minimum of fifteen (15) years of age. Must be a strong swimmer with
some knowledge of lifeguard responsibilities.
- Enforce all rules and regulations appropriate to the aquatic
- Maintain a high level of readiness and be prepared to
demonstrate any rescue or first aid procedure if needed.
- Maintain a safe environment through total knowledge of
functions and operations of all safety, rescue and first aid
- Report broken equipment to managers.
- Responsible for safety and rescue of patrons in pool and on
- Must be able to work in team situations
- Provide a high quality of customer service in a professional
manner to the internal customer that will facilitate team building
and exceptional customer service to the external customer.
- Follow the Wheaton Park District policies, procedures, and
- Proactively support the V.A.L.U.E.S. (integrity, fun,
commitment, adaptability and growth, kindness, and service) on a
- Maintain good safety awareness and follow all safety guidelines
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, ETC
This position must pass the National Pool and Water Park
certification training provided by the Wheaton Park District prior
to pool opening day. The job is contingent on passing.
This position must be able to be exposed to chlorinated water for
short periods of time. This position must be able to occasionally
lift participants weighing up to 50 lbs. and over with assistance.
This position will be required to occasionally stoop, kneel,
crouch, crawl, bend, twist, climb, and reach. This position should
have the physical ability to perform CPR and be physically fit and
have the endurance to help participants. This position must also
have 20/30 vision or with corrected vision must wear glasses or
contacts while on duty. This position must be able to climb a
ladder to a lifeguard chair.
This position must be able to be exposed to all extreme summer
weather conditions including heat, sun, rain, and varying degrees
of temperature and light. This position will also be exposed to
Starting at $14.00 per hour
Wheaton Park District is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Wheaton Park District, Wheaton , Lifeguard - Seasonal, Other , Wheaton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!