Field Service Technician
Company: Flowserve Corporation
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Company Overview: If a culture of excellence, innovation and
ownership is what youre searching for, consider putting your
experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or
as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure
Flowserves position as the global standard in comprehensive flow
control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional
development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our
foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity
and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve,
we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow
control solutions to make the world better for everyone! Role
Summary: The Field Service Technician installs, commissions,
monitors, troubleshoots, and repairs Flowserves pumps, seals, and
other equipment across industries such as oil and gas, chemical,
nuclear, coal, and wastewater industries, depending on the customer
engagement. In this challenging position the Field Service
Technician (FST) provides real-time technical support to our
customers, and provides recommendations for repairs, upgrades, and
replacement equipment. The FST is actively engaged in
troubleshooting problems and implementing solutions onsite at
nearby customer facilities. Our Field Service Technician team is
the face of Flowserve, and we count on them to deliver a
world-class service to our customers, creating a lasting
competitive advantage for our products and services.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Make direct, in-person service calls in response to customer
- Assess mechanical problems and take actions to resolve
- Work side-by-side with our customers personnel, and lead work
crews as required.
- Oversee the full cycle of repair: disassembly, cleaning,
inspection, repair, and assembly.
- Ensure that equipment is installed successfully and on
- Check equipment prior to start-up and assess start-up
- Monitor the maintenance and performance of Flowserve
- Train customers in the proper procedures for operating and
maintaining Flowserve products.
- Collaborate effectively with the supporting organizations of
Flowserve, including the repair centers, customer service, and
- Maintain and submit organized, accurate records, including
daily reports, jobs quoted, jobs performed, and time and materials
- Knowledgeable about the industrial applications and operations
of pumps, valves, seals, actuators, and mechanical equipment.
- Experience with installing mechanical equipment.
- Experience with repairing pump equipment, installing mechanical
seals, changing seal faces/gaskets/O rings.
- Proven ability to correctly read and interpret blueprints,
engineering drawings, and schematics
- Must be a self-starter with good follow-through, capable of
working independently with little supervision.
- Capable in Outlook, Word, and Excel
- An active drivers license with a good driving record is
essential to the role.
- Able to travel, including globally, for extended periods of
- Able to work overtime as required to minimize impact to
- Physical activity is required, including frequent lifting up to
50 pounds / 25kg, ascending/descending ladders and staircases, and
climbing and reaching in, under, and around large equipment, often
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Communicate by word and actions Flowserves values for ethics,
safety, and quality
- Other duties as assigned. Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Professional certifications in this field.
- Ability to work collaboratively with unfamiliar teams.
- HS Diploma / GED and 8+ years relevant experience Req ID :
R-1052 EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. Flowserve will
also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for
inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain
circumstances, the pay of their co-workers. Pay Transparency
Nondiscrimination Provision If you are a qualified individual with
a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a
reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your
ability to use or access flowservecareers.com as result of your
disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending
an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond
to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as
your subject line of your email. For more information, read the
Accessibility Process. id="detrack" defer
Keywords: Flowserve Corporation, Wheaton , Field Service Technician, Professions , Wheaton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!